Just because you feel stuck, doesn't mean you are.
I told you the other day that depression is a label we too quickly stick on a situation when we feel less than fantastic. But simply sticking that label on something does nothing to help your situation. In fact it often just encourages us to have a pity party and think about how we've just been dealt a bad card.
I call bull shit.
Saying that depression and anxiety is just a part of who you are is just like saying being overweight and out of shape is a part of who you are. Most of the time it has more to do with your habits that it does with you having been dealt a bad card.
If you are currently feeling rubbish, there's heaps you can do to change it.
Here's just a few:
- Learn to meditate
- Learn about neruoplasticity
- Rewire your brain using neuroplasticity
- Put your faith in something bigger than yourself
- Volunteer to help in an area you care about
- Take The Lightning Process
- Focus on how you'd like to be, not how you don't enjoy being
- Exercise for an hour a day (strength and cardio and flexibilty)
- Choose your focus carefully
- Take a 7 day mental diet
- Address the areas in your life that you want to improve
- Read about success stories
- Eat REAL food
- Get more sleep
- Stop drinking and using drugs to dull your pain
- See a therapist
- Do Yoga (in a group or with Adriene)
- Catch up with friends
- Stop working so much
- Spend time with your family
- Address what's making your relationships terrible
- Put your phone away
- Stop watching the news - seriously. Why would you watch it? Let me tell you what happens on the news tonight: Donald Trump can't get anything right according to all Australian broadcasts, there was a fire, a car accident a death and a football injury. Done. Spend your time on something that actually helps you.
- Choose the people you let speak into your life
- Choose your words well